Texas summer has sure been hot, and I’ve been on a pretty hot streak as well:
- Record Release
- Baby Got Bacteria’s Boo came out in May
- New Recordings
- Zirque Bois d’Arc’s Voo Doo Deux is back in the work’s with Peter
- Peter, Sam, David Hobizal and I recorded about 2 and a half hours of improvised awesomeness at Chico’s studio (MicroMega) that both David and Sam are going to toy with and turn into some songs – it’s really pretty fantastic as is and I can’t wait to see what they come up with
- Home Demos for possible bass-led album, and possible follow up to The Fall Will Probably Kill You
- The Continuum
- Your Face My Face played our annual show at Me Mer Mo Monday
- I played a solo Zirque show where I did some old Fenecsitters and Fencecutters material, along with some Songs about Russia, a few tracks from Voo Doo Deux and even (gasp) a couple of covers.
- New Projects and Writing
- Amy Hackerd and I are going to record some stuff the first half of August, so I am busy gathering ideas and writing new tunes. Not really sure what this is going to sound like, but looking forward to sharing it with you
- The Flato Van Vleck/Zirque Bois d’Arc Space Desert Opera is still in its infancy, but I am very excited about how it is going.
- This durn website – I’m writing all sorts of content that will show up as soon as it doesn’t suck
- I’m doing another Zirque solo show at the Carousel Lounge on August 26!
But the most immediate coolness is that we are (finally) making the Fence Sitters and Fence Cutters catalog digital!
- Tuesday, August 1 – More Blue Than Green digital release (a few copies of the physical cd will be available at CD Baby)
- Tuesday, August 15 – Extended Play digital release (a few copies at CD Baby)
- Tuesday, August 29 – Horses and Asses digital release (a few copies at CD Baby)
- Friday, September 1 – Mission to Mars full release
I’ll talk more about each of these as it happens, but we are all very excited! and there are even tentative plans to record a fifth record this winter!
That’s it for now – try to stay in the shade, drink lots of water and check out this Song About Russia from my solo Zirque show: