I am a dedicated and creative leader with extensive experience in start-up, corporate and institutional environments. I apply effective, education-oriented communication, excellent tactical judgment, and strategic vision to all of my work.
Content Strategy | Demand Generation | SEO, SEM, PPC |Social Media | CRM | Web Strategy | Marketing – traditional and new media| Leadership | Innovation
December 2013-August 2016, Drillinginfo, Content Marketing Manager, Executive Editor
- Responsible for top-of-funnel demand generation, marketing communications strategy, and persistent execution by leveraging data-driven creation and curation of original content, extensive and appropriate repurposing (ebooks, newsletters), and paid, earned, and owned penetration of industry, social, and partner channels.
- Managed and edited internal and external Subject Matter Experts to generate twice-a-week blog posts that were both interesting to the target markets and illustrative of Drillinginfo’s expertise. Built appropriate SEO practices, engaging headlines, and managed creation of sharable “social graphics” for additional audience growth.
- Grew blog visits from a couple of hundred per post to thousands per day, increasing time on page and additional page visits while decreasing bounce. Subsequently, the blog was independently recognized #1 Blog in the Oil and Gas Industry based on visibility, engagement and relevance (http://blog.delphianballistics.com/50-best-oil-and-gas-blogs/), among other accolades.
- Supplied original editorial content for partner publications (eg, Forbes), trade publications, and industry websites.
- Wrote dozens of posts and articles for the company blog, Forbes, trade publications, newsletters, and industry websites on topics ranging from topical news to highly technical engineering, geological, and financial processes.
- Active in full spread of communications activities, from social media and PR strategy to the creation and publication of a weekly industry newsletter with thousands of subscribers.
September 2009-December 2012, The University of Texas at Austin, Division of Continuing and Innovative Education, Project Champion, Senior Program Coordinator
- Championed Cross-Functional Collaboration for a variety of projects within the Division, including Web Platform Design, CRM, Content Strategy, Sales Management, Event Design and Marketing, Analytics and Ecommerce strategy
- Managed marketing/communications strategy, planning, and execution for most of the division. Developed processes for defining and tracking marketing goals and agendas
- Designed and implemented social media and communication strategies for both internal (UT) and external markets
- Redefined web platform design and initiatives and integration with internal and external services across 17 web site entities
- Drove needs analysis, process definition, data import and third party platform integration of Salesforce platform
- Hired and trained brand new sales staff, including territory planning, CRM strategy, sales scripts, collateral, etc.
- Led seminars in leadership development
March 2006-December 2008, Pluck Corporation – later Demand Media, Content Recruiter and Manager, Business Development Manager
- Worked closely with team to define and roll out BlogBurst, the world’s largest syndication platform for the best of the blogosphere
- Recruited over 2000 high-value, topically-focused bloggers, blog networks and news sources for membership in BlogBurst
- Created Marketing and Sales materials to develop new markets for Pluck’s premium content syndication network
- Worked closely with Product Marketing, QA and Dev teams to deliver Pluck on Demand, a fusion of Pluck and Pluck’s parent company Demand Media’s various content and development assets
January 2004-February 2006, Direct Impact, Account Executive Level II, Sony account
- Worked with client (brand marketing, product marketing and sales) to identify, develop and close business in direct channel
- Developed relationships with enterprise level end-users, Fortune 500 companies, and Client Partner Accounts
- Created customized sales collateral for different product verticals
- Exceeded 100% of quarterly sales goals 3 quarters in a row
- Closed significant business in a variety of client product categories
March 2002-December 2004, Lost Rock LLC, Familyalbum.com, CEO, COO
- Developed a set of internet tools to help musicians market themselves online and repurposed and further developed tools to appeal to needs of families
- Developed business plans, and marketing materials to assist in fundraising; including Articles of Incorporation, Cash Flow Projections, P/L, and supporting contracts
- Dissolved business due to lack of capital
February 2000-March 2002, Powered, Inc., Manager of Quality Assurance, Production Manager
- Developed, implemented, and maintained deployment standards procedures for content, code, hardware and schema changes on second generation platform (j2EE, Oracle, AIX).
- Maintained and standardized defect tracking system, enhancement requests and release management systems.
- Directly managed the QA staff; responsible for performance management, goal definition and quarterly performance reviews.
- Drove process definition and development of management tools to improve the stability, scalability, and accuracy of content database, resulting in 70% reduction in production time and sustainable growth from 10 thousand to 23 million words.
- Re-engineered workflow between four teams to reduce bug count from 80 per week to fewer than five and to improve turn-around-time from two weeks to 24 hours.
- Directed conversion of editorial business logic and document types into Broadvison’s Bladerunner product three months ahead of schedule and $40,000 under budget.
- Acted as technical and editorial liaison to determine scope and framework for adaptive learning project.
November 1995-December 1999, Austin Homebrew Supply, Inc., Owner
- Managed all facets of day-to-day operation, including ordering, receiving, bookkeeping, and payroll.
- Designed and maintained interactive and educational Web site.
- Built and executed advertising and marketing campaigns, including layout for advertising and catalog.
- Designed and produced instructional video.
- Performed demonstrations on all aspects of brewing.
- Ran monthly beer tastings at “world-famous” local pub (The Ginger Man).
- Became certified beer judge through the (national) Beer Judge Certification Program.
- BFA, Theatre Performance, Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX
- Stephen’s Episcopal High School, Austin, TX.
- Published writer and proficient musician with recording, sound production, international touring and teaching experience
- Nominated for 2015 B. Iden Payne award “Best Featured Musical Performance” for role in original musical 100 Heartbreaks.
- Employee of the Month September 2014, Drillinginfo
- 1994-1999, University of Texas Informal Classes, Instructor – Developed syllabi and taught classes in both beer brewing and the fine art of beer tasting.
- 1994-1999, Austin BrewHaHa, Director – Organized and maintained annual large (~300 entries) regional homebrew contest.
- November 1996-February 1997, Lovejoy’s Taproom, Inc., Consultant – Designed and built by hand fully operational and profitable brewery in popular downtown Austin beer bar.
- September 1996-March 1999, Salvage Vanguard Theatre, Chairman, Board of Directors – Guided development and fundraising through crucial (ten-fold) growth period of well-regarded independent original theater group.